Does anyone go to sleep at night wishing to wake up to a house full of clutter and poof it happens overnight? Of course not, things pile up day-by-day, month-by-month and year-by-year because we’re too busy to take the time to get organized or just don’t know where to start. Did you know that most people waste 6+ weeks a year looking through their clutter for something they may never find, but you do find all sorts of useless treasures. I define clutter as anything you don’t use, love or have a purpose for saving it… not a “maybe we’ll need it someday”
If you think the time to clear your clutter is not time well spent, let me change your mind by using basic feng shui wisdom. It will be really easy. Using feng shui to clear your clutter can actually be a very exciting process once you understand what clutter does to your life and to your home.
Clutter is low, stagnant, and confusing energy that constantly drains energy from you. Depending on the feng shui of your home where your clutter is located, it can also negatively influence, or even completely block, the flow of energy and events in many areas of your life.
The reason most people avoid clearing clutter is not because it takes effort and it can be time consuming. The real reason is the fact that clutter clearing is a very emotional process that feels like therapy, so yes, it takes emotional stamina to go through it. I just say try not to feel overwhelmed by ALL the clearing but just take it one room at a time, one cupboard at a time! Make it enjoyable as opposed to overwhelming
Once you clear most of your clutter and have a clear system to avoid its accumulation in the future, you will start experiencing high energy levels, more clarity, and a heightened sense of well being! Wouldn’t you agree this is definitely worth the hard work and the extra effort it takes to apply feng shui to clear your clutter? All those benefits for FREE 🙂
The main areas I recommend you start clearing your clutter with feng shui are the following:
YOUR BEDROOM. We are most influenced by things, events, and people that are closest to us, so it is absolutely logical (and highly advisable) to first start applying feng shui to clear the clutter in your bedroom
◦ Take out all the items that create visual (and energetic/ EMF clutter and do not really belong in the bedroom. This includes the TV, any exercise equipment, office/work related items, storage items, etc.
◦ Clear the clutter under the bed
◦ Thoroughly de-clutter and clean your cupboards. Let go of as many items as possible that you have not used in a long time
YOUR KITCHEN. In feng shui, the state of your kitchen is the state of your health, especially the state of your liver. Liver is the main detoxifying organ in the body. So do your liver and your health a big favor and clean up and de-clutter that kitchen!
◦ De-clutter the refrigerator.
◦ Clean the stove and all the pots and pans.
◦ Let go of all harsh chemical cleaners from the kitchen and go for natural ones.
◦ Clean out all the drawers, surfaces, light fixtures, etc.
YOUR MAIN ENTRY. Your front entrance is the way your house gets its energy nourishment. In feng shui, the front door is called the mouth of Chior energy. Upon the entrance to every space your energy is looking for grounding and focus, so do treat your senses respectfully and provide for a visual relief.
◦ Let go of any objects in your main door area that are not really needed there, such as the recycle bins in full view, chipped pots, etc.
◦ Find a way to deal with all the incoming mail so that it does not take over the space. A small drawer in the closet may be a solution if the space is limited in the entryway area.
◦ Keep only the in-season items in your main entry closet.
◦ Bring a sense of beauty to your main entrance, as in feng shui the state of your main entry determines the quality of Chi, or energy, that later circulates throughout your house
Focus on these three areas, as they are most strongly connected to your well-being at home. Clarify, purify and let go. Create a fresh pathway for strong vibrant Chi to flow into your home and into your life.